Project implementation support for the Karakol Water Project, EBRD
In 2015, the City approached the Bank with a request to finance the rehabilitation of the water supply and selected wastewater improvements in the City.
The Project interventions focus on:
- The rehabilitation of the water supply system and selected wastewater improvements;
- The improvement of the revenue basis by using consumption based tariffs for a more efficient use of drinking water;
- The improvement of the overall efficiency of the company, including billing and collection rates;
- The improvement of the financial and operational management
The Project will rehabilitate the infrastructure to reduce water losses and install bulk meters to provide a management tool for leakage detection and control as well as conduct a comprehensive consumer metering campaign for the entire drinking water network. These measures will lead to a reduction in operating and maintenance costs for water supply and reduce wastage of water.
- Assistance with the Establishment of the PIU
- Assistance with Design, Procurement, Tendering and Contract implementation
- Assistance with Compliance & Reporting Obligations under the Financing Documents
- Environment and Social Implementation Support
- Activities related to Energy Efficiency in Buildings projects
Location of the assignment: Karakol, Kyrgyz Republic
Cooperating companies: K.S. Solutions LLC, Stantec Mühendislik ve Müşavirlik Ltd. Şti.
Client: Karakol Water Company “Vodokanal”
Duration of the assignment: 38 months